Monday, October 6, 2008

Cooking Dinner for Two

I usually like to cook on Sundays. Since Jeff caught a cold this weekend, I thought it's a great opportunity to cook some nutritious dinner for the both of us. I crave Chinese cuisine most of the time, so I had a few dishes in mind. Sometimes we cook pasta dishes together, as Jeff's a big fan of Italian as well. Sunday afternoon, I got the ingredients from Whole Foods (I love shopping there), and here's what's for dinner --

Sunday:
  • Sauteed tilapia in wine and soy sauce
  • Baby bok choy stir fried with garlic
  • Chicken soup with shitaki mushrooms
Monday:
  • Sauteed flank steak with green onions and hot peppers (蔥爆牛肉)
  • Broccoli stir fried with garlic
  • Chicken soup with shitaki mushrooms
Since Jeff is a better cook then I am, I'm always the sous chef when we cook together. So whenever I'm cooking by myself, I wanted to "try" to impress him :) The flank steak dish is one of Jeff's favorites, so I got the recipe from Jeff's mom. Honestly, I was under some pressure when cooking this dish ><... Fortunately, it was a success, and Jeff loved it! The chicken soup was also a triumph this time (taste like professional made thanks to my secret ingredients), which also helped remedy Jeff's cold.

I love cooking for the two of us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

能煮飯給心愛的人吃是很幸福的....
無論廚藝如何,都會讓人覺得心很溫暖,當然...Jeff的感冒就會不藥而癒囉!! 我也喜歡下廚,在China工作的時候,我幾乎天天上市場買菜喔!!我老公喜歡兩個人的晚餐...

周太太 said...

Yes! Some friends always say, "Couples who cook together, stay together!"
Since I can't really find very authentic Chinese/Taiwanese cuisine in Chicago, I try to make it myself if we have time~
Since Jeff is a Virgo, so he is rather picky about food (or everything), so he cooks more often then I do :P

Anonymous said...

"Couples who cook together, stay together!" →那我準備來離婚啦!

哇哈哈!我11月初要去NYC,到時候就會有好多棒中餐廳啦!

Virgo!有怕!

快去試作鹹酥雞啦!我要把他叫Taiwanese Nugget!看我多愛台灣!

OMG... verification words again!

周太太 said...

Oh~ I envy you! I wish I could go to NYC soon!! Love the authentic Taiwanese food in Flushing~ oh so good.