Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blood-suckers!

We noticed a couple of pimple-like sores on Scraps' belly and head yesterday. After looking into them more closely, I yelled out frantically to Jeff, "They are ticks!!!" Jeff was calm as always which helped me calm down as well, but my whole body still felt like there were millions of ticks crawling on me. Jeff and I worked as a team to hold down Scraps, and Jeff used a tweezer to remove those ugly insects.

This is my first time seeing ticks. We are certain they got to Scraps while we were in Michigan this past weekend, as the lake house was surrounded by woods. Before we went there for the first time in July, one of our friends reminded us to make sure Scraps didn't miss his medicine (for heart warms, ticks, etc.). I even bought whole bunch of repellents and Neosporin to bring. But it was pretty much raining the entire weekend, so we didn't have to worry too much about it.

It was rather cold this past weekend, and for some reason, my ignorance told me it's too cold for ticks. There's no such thing as too cold for ticks! These blood-suckers will always be active and everywhere!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

好噁心的tick喔!踩扁牠!