Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Retro Marriage

Obviously, "stay-at-home wives" has became a growing phenomenon in the 21-st Century....Whoa! Where did this come from? No kids and no job? I admit it's not that I haven't thought about it (I often say that I'd like to be a say-home-mom with no kids but 4 dogs when I grow up), but the fear of feeling guilty, useless and even boredom drove me away from it.

In this economy, honestly, money is more attractive than anything to me. I often think about retirement, world-traveling, or just the definite next step -- selling our condo and purchase a single family home. I have to admit I love making my own money. It's a sense of independence having a career and a sense of accomplishment every time I close a sales deal.

Maybe not now, but at some point, I'd love to be a stay-home-wife for my dear husband and be a home-maker (so what exactly is it?), of course, after I've done everything I want to do in my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

當你被工作壓的喘不過氣時,妳會渴望當個"stay-home-wife",我試過一星期,那是一種更可怕的生活。除非,除了家事,妳還能將時間做妥善的安排,否則,妳會跟我一樣,一天拖三次地板。習慣手心向下後,妳無法習慣手心向上的!那份現代女性的尊嚴,會讓妳重返職場,除非有了kids!