Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Napa Wine Tasting



As part of our 2008 comScore Media Metrix National Sales Meeting (August 11 - 14), we visited Napa for wine tasting today. Two wineries visited were V Sattui and Merryvale. While in Merryvale, we had a very informative wine component tasting seminar led by a sommelier in their largest cellar. It was an amazing experience.

I have been drinking a lot wine in the past few years, and I do have a few favorites. I thought I was more of a Merlot girl, but I found out Cabernet is really my true love. I particularly love Merryvale's 2005 Cabernet, as well as the 2006 Pinot Noir Carneros. Chilean wines are also impeccable. Try Casillero del Diablo 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon -- it's delicious and surprisingly affordable.

Everytime I come to the San Francisco area, I have the urge to move here. Everytime I visit the wine country, I am more and more convinced it is the place I'd like to retire in.

No comments: