Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Chinese 牛 Year!


My sister-in-law, Kien, has been studying Chinese Medicine in San Francisco, and everytime I see her, I'm surprised at her Chinese-speaking progression. Whether it's a type of Chinese herb, a body part or a section of a diagnosis, I can tell she is much more confident now to pronounce and convey them in Chinese.

Yesterday she once again surprised us by sending us a Chinese New Year's greeting card written in Chinese by her! Though she had to explain she asked her teacher to write the characters before she copied them onto the card, I love her thoughtfulness as always and am especially amazed at her Chinese penmanship!

Thank you Bib!! Love the card!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Bib!


Love,
小阿

Anonymous said...

她學的是簡體字耶!!!
果然~~~繁體字有一天會消失的!!
妳想教她....可得先看懂簡體字喔!!
呵呵...

周太太 said...

Hey Sunny!
How was your new year?
I believe most of the teachers at the Chinese Medicine School are from Mainland, so she learns the abbreviated version...