Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Year of Spirituality

I have decided! I've decided my priority for the year of 2009 will be to advance my spiritual life. I'm not talking about religion or rituals, yoga or pilates, or candles and meditations. But rather, it is an effort to understand why I'm really here on earth and how I can live a fulfilling life.

I've never stopped believing I'm a lucky person, and I'm truly grateful for everything I have in life - my family, my education, my career, my husband, my friends, my in-laws, my dog, my health, my wisdom. After all, looking inside of myself and being true to myself, there are certain emotions I have since I was a little girl that I really want to try and deal with more appropriately, starting this year. Generally speaking, these emotions involve the desire for more and better material things, the anxiety toward any changes happening around me, and the apprehension about making the right decisions in life.

Though these emotions may seem "normal" and apply to most people, I am inspired to minimize these sometimes uneasy feelings. And I will make an effort to do so starting this year. I will begin by advancing my spiritual life with the understanding that --
"Everything I need, I have it. And that everything happening in my life is to teach me more about who I am, and to grow me into who I was really meant to be. Whatever happens, it will be okay! Be alive, joyful and present in every moment of my life, as it is truly a gift to be alive."

It is a choice of how we want to live our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

哇~真高興妳的新年計畫是這樣...
妳會漸漸達到理想的

周太太 said...

Thanks~ Happiness is a state of mind!