Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday, Scraps!


Dear ScrappyDoo,

Happy birthday, baby! Mommy can't believe you are 5 already! It seemed just yesterday when we met you. Remembering that day, I was convinced we were meant to meet you and take you home. You were actually one of the first puppies to be taken in the litter. However, you were returned back to the breeder because your first family couldn't take care of you anymore due to a death in the family. It was such a surprise and bless in disguise for us, and you completely sold yourself to us. Unlike other 11-week-old puppies, you had unbelievable energy and was really "scrappy". You ran around the room seemingly barking "pick me, pick me", and your clumsiness led you hit your head in the furniture a few times, but it never bothered you.

It has been almost 5 years since you came in to our lives, and you never cease to surprise us with your unpredictable facial expressions, your passionate licks, your jolly prance, your enormous appetite, your intent to "talk", your better-than-human sensitivity, your extremely observant nature, your patience, your optimism, your sweet companionship, your ecstasy every time you see us coming home from the window. Baby, mommy can't tell you enough how lucky I feel every single day because of your love! Everyday with you is a blessing for daddy and me! You're such an important part of our lives.

On this special day, daddy made you a birthday fruit jello cake with your favorite apples and banana. We hope you love this special treat. We want you to be healthy and happy as always, and we look forward to celebrating many many birthdays with you!

Love you more than you'll ever know,
Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please give Scraps a big hug for me!


Love,
小阿

Anonymous said...

Wow,5歲哩!生日快樂,Scraps!

Miss LK said...

Happy B-day, Scraps and happy CNY to your human!!!

I believe pets actually choose their owners :)

周太太 said...

小阿,
We gave Scraps a big hug from you, and he gave a big lick back to you!

Fion,
Yes, time flies! I can't even believe it myself.

Miss LK,
You really made my day! I do hope Scraps chose us, and that he believes he made the right decision!