Friday, July 24, 2009

New York, New York

Every time I'm in New York, I feel reborn. I feel something inside of me has awaken. My heart beats faster, my eyes open wider, my energy level rises higher. Something in the Manhattan air whispers that I belong there. Every time I'm in New York, I feel at home.

Our team's annual sales conference was in New York this week, and I got a chance to experience this interesting transformation physically and psychologically again. It was a 4-day conference in Mid Town, and we also visited Long Island one afternoon. Jeff's cousin, Burt, was in Brazil, so he was very generous to let me stay at his stylish 2-bedroom apartment in Chelsea!

I was also excited to meet up with Jeff's cousin, Michelle, as well as her husband, Peter, and their 2-year old son, Luke. Before dinner, Michelle took me to one of the hottest spots in Manhattan -- The High Line, the most recent urban renewal project in NY. The High Line was originally constructed in the 1930s to lift dangerous freight trains off Manhattan's streets. Now it is an elevated public park, owned by the City of New York.

Dinner was at a famous Chinese restaurant, Grand SiChuan, where I had the most authentic Chinese cuisine and some of the best dishes I've had in the U.S. Our after-dinner drinks were at Maritime Hotel. To me, New York is one of a kind. I can never get bored of it. Whatever I do in New York, it's always a different experience!

No comments: