Friday, July 24, 2009

Got Oxygen?

What is your limit for altitude sickness? I found out last week it is about 7,400 ft for me. As we drove up to Beaver Creek from Denver, headaches and dizziness defeated me. Interestingly however, these symptoms were accompanied by uncontrollable giggles that led to tears. Friends thought the thin air was like my laughing gas. But hey, at least I also found out altitude isn't all about sickness for me!

The main reason for our trip was to attend the wedding of Jeff's friend from Junior High, Greg. We participated in the BBQ dinner on Friday, which was out of this world. I still remember the impeccable taste of the chicken, pulled pork, jambalaya and mac and cheese. Saturday was the wedding day. Since the ceremony was not till 2 pm, a group of us decided to take the lift up to the mountains for some amazing mountain views and a quick hike. Though Beaver Creek is a famous ski resort, summer time is especially beautiful as well. Deers and groundhogs were our company in the mountains.



The intimate wedding was at a local chapel, and the reception was at a large beautiful cabin. We were fortunate to be part of this union and spent a weekend in this 7,400 ft. altitude haven.

No comments: