Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Upcoming Girls' Trip ~ London!!

I've been pretty psyched about the upcoming trip to London with my friend, Fion, in May! We will be spending a long weekend in the city and visiting our friend, Ya-Wen, who is getting her Ph.D. in Art History.

My friendship with Fion started in high school. During our 18-year friendship, we were far apart for about 15 of them. However, I always have a strong desire to stay connected with her. She's been there for me through thick and thin, and is always emotionally available. I can easily say she is one of the few people in the world that I completely trust.

We were roommates when we were freshmen (our high school is a boarding school in Taipei), and we stayed at the same host family during our short one-month studying abroad that following summer. Fion has always been one of the top students in our class while I was more of a day-dreamer with English as my only favorite subject. After high school, she got into law school and is now a successful lawyer in Taiwan. For the past year, she has been staying in Boston with her husband and their 4-year-old boy getting her LLM degree. Before she goes back to Taiwan in September, we thought we should fit in a little trip together to catch up and spend some time girl time!

I can't describe how excited I am, and I literally can't wait for our little vacation!

4 comments:

Fion said...

哈!這樣我也可以有一篇專屬網誌喔?
我都忘了我們去吃過酸菜白肉鍋了...
那次是我剛生完小孩嗎?看起來真肥哩....

周太太 said...

What?! Are you talking about me? Sitting next to you, my round face looks even rounder >_<

Miss LK said...

I love girls' outing! The older we get(especially after starting our own families), other priorities tend to take over...

I try to keep up the monthly get together with my girls, too! BTW, my husband and I are also going to London at the end of May for a mini vacation :)

周太太 said...

Miss LK,
Yes! Girls outings are a different kind of fun! I'm going to plan more girls trips, too.
You and your hubby are probably going during the labor day weekend? We will be there the second weekend of May. Otherwise, we can arrange an afternoon tea :)