Thursday, April 9, 2009

Girls' Dinner at Branch 27

A few girlfriends and I got together for dinner Wednesday night at Branch 27, a new American Bistro in West Town. It has only opened for a few weeks and has already got a lot of buzz in Chicago. I really enjoyed its relaxing yet upbeat atmosphere, but its food is what grabbed me. I loved their Grilled Salmon, which was cooked perfectly medium rare at my request. Marie was extremely happy about her roasted chicken. Darnell and Kristen's tuna burger was delicious. Katie's flatbread looked very appetizing, too. We did not get any starters, but I do want to try their grilled baby octopus next time!

The owner is a friend of most of our husbands, so he came by a few times to say hello and gave us a couple of desserts on the house -- flowerless chocolate cake and apple tart. Both are very yummy!

Six of us also shared a bottle of red. It was great catching up with a couple of girls whom I haven't seen in a few months. They are both busy moms with two young children (one is due next month with the 3rd), so it was a fun time for them to get out and enjoy a night free!

No comments: