Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cafe Laguardia + Map Room


It was surprisingly a really busy Friday. It might be because I had quite a few things to follow up after my meeting, but it most likely is because it's near the end of Q3. Management likes to freak out on us sales people, pushing us to close as many deals as possible.

Anywho, after a busy day and a somewhat stressful Friday, I wanted to go somewhere for dinner with good drinks. Cafe Laguardia came to mind as one of our top choices. It has the best Cuban food and the greatest Mojitos. I normally don't drink Rum unless I'm drinking Mojitos. This one has a lot of mint leaves, a cherry and a piece of sugar cane, so after a few sips with no taste of alcohol, it took my edge off immediately :) As usual, I had Ossobuco (slow-cooked pork with bones in a spicy stew style), and Jeff, instead of his usual Picadillo, got grilled whole redsnapper. Oh~ they were as great as always.

After dinner, we stopped in the Map Room across the street. We hadn't been in there for about 2 years. It's a fun bar with cool decoration and a variety of different ales. Jeff had Bells Oktoberfest, and I had vodka club soda.

No comments: