Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Parents-in-Law

Our Florida trip every Christmas is like our annual retreat. After a year of hard work, we are so blessed to be in the warmer weather, indulge in authentic Chinese food, relax by the pool, open gifts, open more gifts, play ma-jiang, and simply enjoy the best family time.

I often feel I'm the luckiest girl on earth because of my parents-in-law. Their love for me is so unconditional that they never expect anything in return. I truly enjoy spending time with them, and I feel they have given me a family that I've always wanted. Honestly, I think they have adopted me as their own daughter --
I fell asleep on the couch, and they gently put a blanket on me. I wanted to help cook dinner, but they told me everything was taken care of and ask me to go relax. They know I love beef noodle soup, so that's what's waiting for me on the dining table when we arrived. I wanted to get a new handbag for myself, but they insist to buy it for me. Before we were leaving, they packed as much food as possible for us to bring back to Chicago.

These are just a few things they do. How lucky I am.

How lucky I am to have my health, a loving husband, the best dog anyone can ever have, and the in-laws who love me as much as their own children.

No comments: