Friday, January 1, 2010

Fiorentino's Cucina


This is my new favorite Italian restaurant in Chicago!

Our friends Carm and Andrea were in town from San Francisco, and we got together with them for dinner along with our friends Tony and Michele whom we haven't seen in a while. Tony and Michele are now proud parents of three little ones, but as always, they enjoy great food, fine wine and a fun night out. They know a lot of good restaurants in Chicago, so when they recommended Fiorentino's Cucina for our get-together, I was really excited to try it! While it was snowing out, the six of us shares a couple bottles of wine, delicious food, a couple desserts and lots of laugh at this cozy family style Italian restaurant, which is not far from our house.

The owner of Fiorentino's is originally from Sicily, and the dishes are definitely "not art food, but rather comfort food". My entree was their special that night. It was fettucini with Alaskan crab tenderloin and arugula in creamy vodka sauce. Yes, it tasted as great as it sounds. I've had many Italian dishes in my life, and this is probably one of the best ones I've ever had! Everyone really enjoyed their food, and I know that Jeff and I will be going back to Fiorentino's Cucina soon!

No comments: