Monday, November 9, 2009

Taipei's Hottest Buffet

My friend, Gina, took us to Taipei's hottest buffet, Brasserie in the Grand Formosa Regent, for lunch. I was amazed at the variety of food and cuisine available at this stylish restaurant. From sashimi to roast beef, from traditional Taiwanese to Italian, from seafood to hotpot, they have everything you can think of. The dessert bar must have more than 20 different pastries, cakes, cookies, ice creams.

I was not surprised this is one of the most popular spots in Taipei right now. While we were walking out at 2:45 pm on a weekday, the length of the line waiting to get in for the afternoon tea time was unbelievable!

Gina became a good friend of mine while I was working in Taipei after college. We live close by and met when waiting for the community bus one morning. Jeff asked who started talking first, and I said it was Gina, but now as I think harder, it might be me asking her whether the bus will take us down to the train station..ha. I remember we chatted during our entire bus and train ride that day.

I'm so glad that we stayed in touch even after I left Taiwan. Gina has always been my role model - energetic, keeps learning new things, optimistic during life's most difficult times, and overcome obsticles with faith and great personal strength. I know I just saw you in Taipei, Gina, but I can't wait to lunch with you again already!

No comments: