Friday, November 20, 2009

My Uncle Allen

I have a lot of respect for my uncle Allen. Growing up, he has been a male role model for me, in addition to my father. He is my mother's youngest brother and have been spoiling my brother and I since we were toddlers. Uncle Allen doesn't have any children of his own, but I know my brother and I will take care of him when he gets old. To me, uncle Allen is a fun, witty yet hardworking and practical man. He is extremely street-smart and has a lot of friends in different walks of life. Though life has been throwing him some hardship throughout the years, he still holds an incredibly positive attitude.

Everytime I go back to Taiwan, he always makes time from his busy schedule to spend with me for at least a few times. He often treats us to nice meals, and takes us to visit my mother. This time he took us to a nice Japanese restaurant, where we had an amazing 10-course meal. I have to say it's the best Japanese meal I've had so far!

No comments: