Saturday, November 7, 2009

大山無價

I've heard great things about this restaurant, so we decided to have a family meal there on Sunday night.

Located in the beautiful mountains of Taipei county, 大山無價 is famous for its heavenly scenery and surroundings (we could see it better if we went during the day), the rare ingredients used in the dishes, the creative courses, the exquisite presentation, and the enjoyment of "slow dining".

There were a total of 13 courses over a 2.5 hour dining experience. There's no menu, and all of courses were prepared by the famous chef that are primarily influenced by Japanese cuisine. I was impressed by the presentation and the interesting combination of ingredients in each dish.

The truth is I'm glad that I tried this place, but honestly, I didn't love it. I was also surprised that the service was not as good as I've heard. It is questionable whether I'd go back.

2 comments:

Miss LK said...

WOW, nice vacation with great food!

The presentation at this restaurant definitely seems spectacular from your photos... do the taste match the looks? It's too bad the service fell below expectation...

周太太 said...

Hey Miss LK!

Some dishes tastes great, but in my opinion, for other dishes, the presentation seemed to be the emphasis and the taste was overlooked...

I still have a lot of pictures to post...stay tuned!