Monday, August 17, 2009

"The Train Whistle Melody Woved Through the Trees"

It was unlike any other concert I've been to. The free-spirited dancing fans, the smoke and smell of cigarettes and others filled in the air, the flying glow sticks, and the 15-minute songs. Yes, I'm talking about the Phish show. The "phish heads" amaze me. They are true fans....hard-core.

It was a Tuesday evening, and it took us 2 hours to drive to Toyota Park, where the Chicago Fire plays. I have to say, it was the perfect place for a Phish concert other than Soldier Field in the Chicago land. The music and cheering started while we were grabbing some pulled pork and tall boys. Walking into the show was an one-of-a-kind experience itself. "Phish heads" were swinging, tapping, swirling and frolicking all over the place and really enjoying themselves. To me, it was one of the few concerts that worth experiencing at least once in a lifetime.

No comments: