Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Too Much Substance

Me: Who sings this song?
Jeff: Jacob Dylan, Bob Dylan's son.
Me: Oh yeah, I've heard of him. His band is The Wallflowers, right?
Jeff: Yup
Me: Do you like wallflowers?
Jeff: What exactly is a wallflower anyway?
Me: Well, I think in Chinese "a wallflower" implies that a person who is very attractive, but doesn't have much substance.
Jeff: Oh, yeah? Interesting...
Me: Do you think I'm a wallflower?
Jeff: If that's what wallflowers mean in your definition, then you're definitely not.
Me: Really? Thanks, bud!
Jeff: Well, you have too much substance.
Me: Too much? Why?
Jeff: .......
Me: Is it because I tend to argue with you?
Jeff: .......(nodding)

2 comments:

D. said...

you're inspired me to start keeping up with my blog... I'm gonna start writing things down.

周太太 said...

Hey Denis! Hope you're doing well! Jeff and I often have many interesting conversations, and I'm sure you and Suzi do, too. It's always fun to look back and have a smile :)