Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Week of Bliss

It is our annual treat to visit Jeff's parents in Florida during Christmas. We usually stay at least a week to enjoy the warmer weather and fun family activities. As usual, we gorged on my mother-in-law's amazing cooking, played golf with my father-in-law, went shopping, played poker while drinking Johnny Walker Blue and watched Scraps fetching along our swimming pool. Since Jeff's sister is in Chinese Medicine School in San Francisco, I also indulged in an acupuncture treatment from her!

This year, I learned how to make 粽子 and 韭菜盒子 from my mother-in-law!!! To my surprise, they are not that difficult to make. I'll try to practice more this year! Another new thing for me is playing Mahjong, which I have been missing since we got back in Chicago ;)

Our annual Florida trip of course is also Scraps' favorite time of the year! He gets plenty of walks from grandpa, lots of exercise running around on the golf course and many many treats. This year we took him to the nearby "Dog Wood Park" where there are acres of fields, trails and a lake for dogs to play in. He had the best time!

I'm already looking forward to the next trip!

No comments: