Sunday, May 23, 2010

Blue Fin

On our date night, Jeff and I tried a new Japanese restaurant near our house, Blue Fin. We are especially picky when it comes to Japanese cuisine and sushi, so we always go to either Marai or Matsuya, where we can get the freshest fish and most unique and delicious dishes you can ever have.

However, since Matsuya is currently closed under remodeling, and Marai typically needs reservation after 6:30 pm on a Friday night, we decided to give Blue Fin a try. Almost a decade ago when I first moved to Chicago, I actually went to Blue Fin a couple times with friends. I thought it was pretty good at that time, but I did think it was a little pricey for the quality of food.

We ordered a lobster roll for appetizer, a golden dragon maki (softshell crab, salmon, tobico), the grilled scallops with rice, as well as a few pieces of sushi and sashimi. My Uni sushi was great, and the hamachi sashimi was very fresh. However, the lobster roll was definitely not worth the price. I like the maki, but Jeff was not crazy about the sauce on the maki that was not mentioned in the menu. We also thought the scrallops was too well done.

All and all, we thought the meal was a little over-priced for what we had. But I'm glad we gave it a try, so now we know!

No comments: